Webellian is a strategic partner and reseller.
NetFoundry is the leader in Application Specific Networking, enabling businesses to instantly connect distributed applications in any cloud, on any device, anywhere with unprecedented simplicity. The NetFoundry platform enables businesses to securely and reliably connect applications without the constraints of VPNs, custom hardware, and private circuits.
In July 2020 Webellian and NetFoundry entered into the strategic partnership, combining NetFoundry’s industry-leading innovative network-as-a-service solution with Webellian’s digital transformation and IT consulting services.
With NetFoundry’s NaaS solution we can provide:
- NETWORKING: software-defined networking over the Internet,
- CONNECTIVITY: optimized cloud connectivity,
- PERFORMANCE: high performance, improvement by 200% – 1000% over traditional MPLS-VPN,
- SECURITY: layered, military-grade Zero Trust Security and Secure Remote Access.
“By 2023, 60% of enterprises will phase out most of their remote access virtual private networks (VPNs) in favor of Zero Trust Network Access.” Gartner Paper: Market Guide for Zero Trust Network Access.
More and more businesses need reliable, performant, and secure connectivity between their office branches, private data centers, and public clouds. With hybrid and multi-cloud becoming more popular, the need for extending networking to connect more and more sites reliably together becomes a necessity.
With the growing demand for agile and cost-effective networking, traditional data center connectivity based on MPLS and VPN had to give way to SD-WANs. While SD-WANs are a great improvement, we think we can do better with NetFoundry, which goes beyond WANs and their limitations.
Moving into software-defined networking over the Internet mitigates most of the inconveniences of private networks. Application WANs are built on top of the Internet and enjoy its benefits:
- resilience to localized network performance degradation,
- available everywhere; not limited to fixed routes.
At the same time, the creation of secure, Zero Trust Networking overlay can reduce the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches without the need of using VPN tunneling that imposes performance penalties.
NaaS + Zero Trust Networking Platform
- Replace MPLS with direct Internet breakout in a SASE architecture with zero trust networking,
- No hardware or SD-WAN controller deployments – all infrastructure managed by NetFoundry as NaaS,
- Software only – spin up instant zero trust overlays from any WAN, optimizing any apps or clouds,
- All endpoints – IoT and edge, Mobile, tablet, laptop – Virtualized and containerized gateways for DMZ and clouds,
- Cloud-native: manage your network with Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, Cloud Formation,
- Make networking into an innovation center. Replace VPN tunnels with a platform and NaaS services.
Digital transformation requires networking transformation.
Some challenges with private networks:
- Setting up private networks is most often costly, complex and time-consuming,
- Lack of agility: when you need to relocate your data centers or individual applications, it requires too many changes in networking.
Some challenges with the Internet:
- The Internet itself is not intrinsically secure,
- Its performance and latencies are often below expectations.
For what usages?
- Increased user experience and productivity
- Increase innovation and reduce time-to-market
- Lower costs with more control
- Reduced risk from cyber attacks
Higher security requirements
- SASE Aligned solution & Zero Trust
- 3rd Party Access Control
- 70% reduction in Firewall Policies
Cloud: hybrid – multi or SaaS
- Azure ready / Multi-Cloud ready
- Internet optimized cloud connectivity
- On demand software OpEx consumption
IoT Remote Access
- Immediate performant solution for business continuity and remote access based on zero trust from anywhere, anytime on demand
- Built cloud-native solution which is highly scalable, secure and cost effective which supports future innovation beyond initial use cases